Tuesday, April 23, 2013

TrailWerksin'

It's been 5 weeks since the launch of TrailWerks Suspension Service. It's been a busy time. Getting all of the paperwork in order takes time, sure, but it's nothing compared to the workload once things got up and running. The website, logo, text, images... And then, talking to all of the companies about opening you up so you can do business with them is a whole other set of phone calls, emails, forms... And on top of that you add in the customer emails, maintaining the website, keeping up with the facebooks and fielding phone calls from friends. There has even been a few on-trail set-up sessions for people who want to get their suspension dialed in. And there's one tomorrow because a certain beardo got a new bike today...

Oh, and there's suspension product to work on.

And an event in Philly with Jamis and GSK where we were building 36 bikes in a huge ballroom with 180 lawyers...

I'm relieved that most of the best names in the industry have been very welcoming to what TrailWerks is doing. Fox, RockShox, Manitou, Marzocchi... I haven't called DT Swiss and I have a line on Cannondale for Lefty's but I haven't taken the time to reach out. This week seems to be the first calm week in the last five so maybe I can do that tomorrow.

I'm lucky to have so many great people around me, supporting me and sending me business! I'll always have a nagging voice in my head that makes me check everything twice, makes me say out loud 'what the hell am I doing thinking that I know what I'm doing' and gets me back on the phone or on the internets, learning about new product or trying to think about old problems in new ways.

Like how to get a new bike in the next 10 days before opening weekend at Mountain Creek...

So it goes. I hear TrailWerks roll off of the lips and it makes me smile. People ask me what I do for a living and I snicker and give a brief explanation, knowing that is sounds nuts.

The workshop is organized, the favorites have been added to the bookmarks bar and my paperwork is in order. TrailWerks Suspension Service is, indeed, open for business.

See you on the trail.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Counter